Vitamin C is a vitamin. Some organisms can make their Vitamin C automatic, but people should get this vitamin from food and other sources. Good sources of Vitamin C are fresh fruits and vegetables, especially citrus fruits. Vitamin C can also be made in a laboratory. Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid. It is one of the most essential nutrients to run the functioning of our body smoothly.
This nutrient defines our cells from free radicals. Plus, the body revives the supply of vitamin E and increases the absorption capacity of iron. It also acts as an anti-allergic, antioxidant. Oranges, Tomatoes, Potato etc. are included in the good sources of Vitamin C. Vitamin C are also found in citrus fruits. Let’s know about the work of vitamin C:-
Why We Need Vitamin C
- Vitamin C can be obtained through foodstuff only. Generally, good sources of vitamin C are potatoes, tomatoes, oranges. Apart from these, vitamin C is also found in red chilly, pineapple, strawberry, apple, citrus fruits, raw fruits and vegetables. Amla, orange, lemon, grapes, guava, banana, berry, jackfruit, mushroom, peppermint, radish leaves, crown, milk, beet, quail, cabbage, green coriander, and spinach etc. are also good sources of Vitamin C.
- Vitamin C deficiency can lead to many diseases such as cataracts, skin diseases, abortion, anaemia, loss of appetite, etc. Vitamin C also protects the body from many diseases, as well as eliminates respiratory diseases and digestive problems.
- Vitamin C not only protects against a disease called scurvy, but it also reduces chances of cancer, and it is also helpful in doing more work in the brain. With the help of Vitamin C, it is possible to form complete collagen production of collagen substances, blood vessels, ligaments, cartilage etc. that connect bones.
- Vitamin C plays an important role in the formation of a chemical of serotonin in the brain, and the chemical called serotonin is essential for our sleep. Vitamin C also controls the control of cholesterol.
- Iron elements also get the base from Vitamin C. Vitamin C in the body performs many types of chemical functions such as flowing energy to cells etc.
- Vitamin C protects the eyes from eye disease glaucoma. Vitamin C is very essential for the body. Its decrease increases the likelihood of many diseases. Vitamin C is beneficial to eat in balanced amounts.
- By keeping food containing Vitamin C cooked or boiled in gas or oven and stored for longer periods, their nutrition decreases. Therefore, to take maximum advantage of Vitamin C, eat raw fruits and vegetables.
Disadvantages of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is used for most people who need it, especially when there is a skin problem. When the muscles are injected, and it is used even when the arteries are injected. But in some people, vitamin C may cause nausea, vomiting, chest burn, abdominal cramps, headache, and other side effects. The probability of these side effects is more than the consumption of vitamin C.
The volume of more than 2000 milligrams per day is potentially unsafe and can have many side effects, including kidney stones and severe diarrhoea. Those who have kidney stones increase the risk of kidney stones becoming more than 1000 mg per day.